Last night held our Term 2 and 3 Sports Awards evening and celebrations. The evening was a great success with the ATC Sporting Community gathering to share in celebrating the achievements of our boys both individually and as teams. Whilst there is a great deal of sport left in Term 4, this awards evening is the culmination of the interschool sport season. Listening to the coordinators reflect on the journey of each sport, it is hard to believe that we managed to pack so much into two terms! In addition to awarding students (see awards attachment below) it was also a great opportunity to thank those who make sport at our school possible. Again in this forum I would like to acknowledge the following group of people:
- Our Sport Support Group – for assisting the ATC Sport Department in facilitating sport for our community and making ATC a welcoming and hospitable place. In particular, Helen Hicks, Andrea McAvoy and Donna Densley for coordinating so many aspects of our events.
- Our boys – for their energy, pride and enthusiasm, for their dedication, tenacity and willingness to learn.
- Our staff – for giving so willingly of their time and energy above and beyond their core responsibilities
- Our parents and guardians – for walking the journey together with us.
- The ATC Sport Department – Mr Brett Henschell, Mrs Lisa Mortlock, Mr Paul Jones, Mrs Fiona Kearney and Mr Nathan Burgess for their tireless passion, energy and enthusiasm for our boys.
Congratulations to all who received awards – a wonderful reflection of the work that you put in at every training session and competition, to become your personal best. Thanks also to the Chamber Choir, Percussion Ensemble and Jazz Quintet for providing entertainment before and during the performance. It is fantastic to see so many of our boys balancing music and sport as well as their family, social and academic lives.
Please follow the link below to download the holiday training schedule. Have a well-earned break, I look forward to seeing you all again in Term 4!
Warriors go Brach
Dave Capra, Director of Co-curricular Activities