ATC Sports Program
At Ambrose Treacy College we aim to include all members of our community in quality sporting opportunities that promote enjoyment, life-long engagement and achievement. Each student is able to foster his own love of sport at the level and in the context that he chooses.
Playing Participation Levels
• Junior School students are given the opportunity to learn the basic skills and concepts of different sports, with the intention of inspiring interest and continued involvement at a competitive level.
• Recreational activities are those that are focused predominantly on participation and do not have any recorded score or outcome. While there are competitive elements to these activities, the emphasis is on personal development, enjoyment and being physically active.
• Competitive sporting opportunities are provided both internally, through House competitions and tournaments, and externally with other schools and in club organised competitions
• Elite sporting opportunities are those that are at a higher level than normal representation for ATC in each sport. This includes, but is not restricted to; tours, tournaments, development and School of Excellence squads, representative pathways (Northern Eagles District and Metropolitan West Region).
• In alignment with the program focus of lifelong engagement, graduating students are supported in connecting with relevant sporting organisations for them to continue with their involvement beyond ATC.
Coaching, Officiating, Managing, Coordinating Opportunities
Along with playing opportunities across many sports, we also invite senior school students to be involved with coaching, officiating, managing and coordinating. This initiative is mutually beneficial, as it facilitates wonderful development and leadership opportunities for the members of our senior school and enriches the experience for the younger students by connecting with their older colleagues. Students who take on these roles are supported through relevant accreditations and guidance from experienced mentors.
Parent Lounge – Invitations to participate in each Sports will be sent to parents of relevant year groups via Parent Lounge. All specific information is included in the invitation, specifically: training day and time, location, levy, requirements, number of students, contact details of Coordinator, fixtures list (if available and may be subject to change)
ATC College App – All parents and students should subscribe to relevant Clubs and Activities on the College App
ATC Sport Support Group
At ATC we have a dedicated and motivated teaching and coaching staff who work tirelessly to provide great opportunities for our boys in addition to their core academic responsibilities. A great way for parents to become involved in your son’s sport is through the ATC Sport Support Group. The group meets regularly and assists the Sport Department in a variety of ways including; assisting with game day setup, canteens and BBQs, coaching and managing teams, officiating, scoring, fundraising and event organisation.
ATC Sport Contacts
Mr Nathan Burgess, Head of Sport and Activities – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Lisa Mortlock, Sport Administration Officer – email@example.com
Mr Elliot Jackson, Head of Athletic Performance – firstname.lastname@example.org
General and Sport Support Group Enquiries – email@example.com